Fraud Protection Tips From a Payday Loan and Fast Cash Lender
CashNetUSA, along with many other lenders, has been targeted by several unknown and illegal organizations that are making fraudulent debt collections calls and referencing our company’s name or one of our brand names.
Recognizing Fraudulent Collectors
- These calls are not being made by us or anyone affiliated with us.
- CashNetUSA values all of its customers, always obeys all collection laws and is working directly with federal and state authorities to investigate these fraudsters.
- If you have been contacted by a suspected fraudulent collector, you can help by calling us to complete a short incident report.
A collector may be fraudulent if:
If you receive a Fraudulent Collector Call
- You have never received a loan from CashNetUSA or any of its affiliates.
- You received a loan from us but paid it back in full.
- The caller is unwilling to provide payment history information or proof of a loan agreement.
- The caller threatens violence or uses foul language.
- The caller threatens arrest or other criminal action or claims they are members of law enforcement including police officers or FBI agents.
- The caller has a strong foreign accent and speaks English poorly
- Please be aware that the fraudulent collectors may have a lot of real information about you.
- Do not give out or confirm any personal information to the callers unless they are able to prove they are legitimate by providing you with a loan contract or payment history information.
- Tell them that you will not to make any payments or give out any personal information unless the details of the original loan can be confirmed.
- It is OK to hang up on abusive or threatening debt collectors.
Unfortunately, because we are in no way associated with these fraudsters, we are unable to stop them from making the calls.
FILE A REPORT IMMEDIATELY
We will take the information you provide and work with law enforcement to track down these fraudsters.
- If you are a current or former CashNetUSA customer or have never taken out a loan with CashNetUSA or any of its affiliates, please call us at 866-254-3581 to file an incident report.
Filing a report matters! Here is a link from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) showing progress they are making in stopping these fraudulent collections scams: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2012/02/acc.shtm
For more information, please refer to this FBI alert on fraudulent debt collectors: http://www.fbi.gov/scams-safety/e-scams
If you also wish to file a report with the FBI, you may do so at this site: www.IC3.gov
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) published a list of Debt Collection Questions and Answers: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre18.shtm
Thank you for being a valued CashNetUSA Customer!